Let's travel into the unknown world of Tokyo! We are recruiting IMM project members!!
At the Immigration Museum Tokyo (IMM), we have been creating art projects with a contemporary approach through interacting with foreigners living in the area.
We plan to hold an exhibition in the summer of 2020. That is why we are looking for “IMM Project Members” to support the project.
[You are the one we are looking for if….]
-You are interested in / currently engaged in the studies of different cultural and international exchange;
-You are interested in or studying about art;
-You want to share your creativity with others;
-You want to participate in exhibition planning and docent service;
-You want to expand your interests and horizon.
[What do IMM project members do? ]
For the 2020 exhibition, we are going to hold the following programs. You may participate in any program(s), depending on your ability, availability and interest. (Details will be announced at the briefing session.)
1. Research about our multicultural society
Shin-Okubo Station,where multilingual announcements are broadcasted; a kebab shop in Roppongi, where you can only hear Turkish; a mosque in Yoyogiuehara…… In Japan, there are many places where we can experience different cultures. Have you ever felt curious about these places, but hesitate to explore them on your own? Discover these nearby yet unknown worlds with friends who share the same interest. Conduct research through on-site experience and exchange!
* Held occasionally
2. Input ideas for the exhibition
Based on their multiculture research, members will share their ideas towards the IMM exhibition in 2020. Who knows? Perhaps your ideas may materialize at the exhibition!
* Held occasionally
3. Docent at IMM exhibition
As a project member, you will have the chance to demonstrate your multicultural literacy which you have acquired through research activities. You can be one of the docents at the 2020 IMM exhibition.
* During the IMM exhibition period in 2020
From October 2019
Anyone over 16 years old from any country.
* Currently, we have an international team in the IMM project. There are people from Taiwan, Hong Kong, Korea and Japan. No matter where are you from, we look forward to your participation.
* We can only accept people who can speak either Japanese, English, Chinese, Cantonese or Korean.
Date & Time: October 26th (Sat.), 2019, 1:00 pm-3:00 pm
Place: Tokyo University of the arts (Senju Campus)
Free of charge
If you are interested, please apply by one of the following methods.
【Application ・ Inquiry】
“Otomachi Adachi” Project office
TEL: 03-6806-1740 (13: 00-18: 00, except Tuesday and Thursday)
WEB FORM: http://aaa-senju.com/contact
* If you would like to join the briefing session, please apply by filling out the web form or send an email titled “IMM Project Member” to the above email address. Please also tell us (1) your name (furigana), (2) your contact information (telephone / email address) (3) places you are interested to visit. (if any).
* For people who apply by using the web form, please tell us places you are interested to visitin the remarks column.
We manage your personal information carefully and use it only for the purpose of the project. Please kindly note that all contents of the program are subject to change.